2020 FESTIVAL FAQ
WHAT IS THE BENTONVILLE FILM FESTIVAL?
Entering its 6th year, the Bentonville Film Festival is a one of a kind event that champions inclusion in all forms of media. Co-founded by Academy Award® winner Geena Davis & Inclusion Companies CEO Trevor Drinkwater, BFF is a year-long platform culminating with an annual festival in partnership with founding sponsor Walmart and presenting sponsor Coca-Cola. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we moved the festival from its normal timeframe of late April/early May to August and will be in a hybrid format of online film screenings with limited regional drive-in screenings in the Bentonville, AR area.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT THE 2020 BENTONVILLE FILM FESTIVAL?
This year, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted our traditional in-person film festival normally in late April/early May. We researched what other festivals have been doing, consulted at length with other industry leaders and partnered with CineSend in order to bring BFF to our fellow film festival lovers without any of the risk of a large gathering. Instead of gathering together in Bentonville we’ll celebrate this year’s featured films and panels from our homes with a limited local drive-in component for those in the Bentonville, AR area. The best part is we’ve got a virtual lineup of films and panels that is similar to our annual in-person festival.
WHEN IS THE FESTIVAL & HOW CAN I WATCH?
The virtual festival will be from August 10-16th and will include a drive-in component in the Northwest Arkansas area on August 10-12. Passes are on sale now.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY A DRIVE-IN COMPONENT?
For those local to the Northwest Arkansas Area, we have partnered with a local drive-in movie theater that will play feature films the evenings of August 10, 11 and 12th. Check back soon for movies playing and how to get tickets to those events.
WHAT KIND OF CONTENT CAN I EXPECT? IS IT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES?
With more than 25 features, 30 shorts, and 10 episodics, there’s bound to be something that appeals to fans of all genres. However, the majority of our festival content may be best suited for mature audiences and probably isn’t appropriate for kids. Please check the ratings prior to selecting that film if you want to watch with children under the age of 17.
DO I HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH?
We offer different levels of packages so you can watch as many films as you would like. Those options are now on our ticket page.
I PURCHASED A PASS PRIOR TO FORMAT CHANGE. CAN I STILL USE IT?
Absolutely. We have sent emails to provide our current pass holders letting them know they have a credit voucher equal to the value of your 2020 BFF Festival purchase for virtual festival events. If you were a current pass or ticket holder and do not have an email, please check your junk mail for an email from the Bentonville Film Festival.
I WOULD LIKE A REFUND, HOW DO I GET ONE?
While we hope you are able to join us for the 2020 festival, we understand you may need to request a refund for a pass you have previously purchased. We will honor refund questions through August 9, 2020. Please fill out the form here to begin your request. If you decided to use the credit voucher for our virtual passes, please note that remaining credit amounts are not eligible for refund.
I HAVE QUESTIONS, DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE WHO I CAN SPEAK WITH?
We sure do, please call 479-318-0888 to leave us a message with your need or concern. Someone on our team will return your call within 48 business hours.
CAN I WATCH FILMS AT ANY TIME OR ARE THEY SCHEDULED?
Most of the films will be available to watch at your leisure for at least 24 hours from starting a film from August 10-16, but there are a select few that have date and/or time restrictions or may be viewed unlimited throughout the festival week. Specific information on each film are available on our website, here.
A VIRTUAL FESTIVAL SOUNDS FANTASTIC – I AM IN! WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari. Additional system requirement information is below:
- What are the requirements for Windows computers?
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- What are the requirements for Mac computers?
- Mac OSX 10.12 or later
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser.
- Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
- Yes, you can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
- Can I watch content on my Android Device?
- Yes, you can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
- Can I Chromecast content?
- You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
- Can I AirPlay to my AppleTV?
- You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
- What happens if I forget my password?
- Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password. You will need access to the e-mail address you use to log in.
- Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
- We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
Please check back often as we will be updating this section with more information as we get closer to our festival.